Friday, January 02, 2009

#2 Exercise at least 3 times a week


My experience with body dysmorphia is this:
My skinniest girlfriends: "I'm Fat!"

These anorexic bitches really make me want to slap them sometimes. I, on the other hand, am the opposite. Instead of being a walking bone complaining about being fat, I’m someone who is fat that didn’t think she was fat…that was until someone asked me if I was pregnant.

That incident happened while I was living in NY. During that time, I was planning a trip to LA to visit friends and sent a message saying, “When you see me, I’m not pregnant, I’m just fat. So don’t ask.” If you ever wanted people to ask you if you’re pregnant non-stop, send out a message like that, because my friends apparently think it’s funny to live in opposite-land.

Enter the trapeze, shift and tunic silhouettes. The timing couldn’t be any more perfect. However, this only opened me up to more pregnancy scrutiny. It’s a slippery slope between billowy sundress with an empire waist and a maternity dress. This also was about the time I decided I’d rather have people WONDER if I’m fat/pregnant than actually prove I am fat, by wearing clothes that “hugged” my shape. That shape of course is a circle. Because I am now the shape of an M&M Cartoon figure. Big and round in the middle with normal size appendages. I am a walking optical illusion; or rather I’d like to think I am. However, I think the gig is up and people are on to my game.

The bottom line is, my boyfriend, he’s skinnier than me and that’s just wrong. We are the living breathing manifestation of Jack Sprat and his wife and it’s not fun. I’m officially the girl with the “pretty face” and that usually means the girl with the pretty face is “fat.”

Time to change this.

Weight: None of your business
Goal: Minus 40 pounds

3 comments:

Sophie Richardoz said...

Ok I'm going to be boring here but can I say Weight Watchers really rock? I've dropped 15 pounds in 3 months with their point system, not gained anyhting back in 6 months.

I don't work for them, actually I didn't pay for the program, didn't go to any meetings. I just downloaded the leaflet somewhere. :)

Alpha Femail said...

Hi Sophie,

I know a few people who do weight watchers and it's worked for them too. But I didn't see myself paying for it (when I was already paying for a gym membership that I didn't use) or going to their meetings. It's good to know there's an alternative. Do you know where I can download the leaflet?

Thanks!
G

Jeannettescape said...

Do you still belong to a gym or are you trying to do a self-styled fitness regime? I belong to one and would totally commit to working out with you 3x a week if you're down. I generally like to do cardio for 30-45 mins and then take a class or work the machines or whatevs... no "ARGH...SPOT ME!" heavy metal freeweights or anything.